10 November 2009

Relief

I've now experienced 24 hours without the spectre of my law review article hanging over my every move. I must say, it's quite the liberating feeling. After turning it in yesterday morning, a fellow law review person and myself skipped out on international law. Instead of talking about the preemptive use of force and its implications on Article 52 of the UN Charter, we sat on the patio of the Muddy Pig and enjoyed a few well deserved adult beverages. As a friend once said, nothing empowers you more than drinking in the afternoon, when everyone else is working on something. So true.

I wish I had something really insightful to say about the whole experience. I suppose, at the moment, it's kind of hard to do that. Statistically, there is a very real chance that the whole endeavor is destined to be fruitless. And I suppose, all things considered, I'm not too concerned about that. Should it get chosen for publication, that would be great. But if it doesn't, I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over it. Overall, I think I did a good job. That's all that should matter.

In any event, it's been strange to have the ability to sit around after I finish my homework for the next day, and be able to laze about without feeling this overbearing sense of guilt/stress. It is quite peculiar, actually. But I think I can get used to it. At least until finals start. Oh shit, that's only two or three weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment