18 June 2010

World Cup Thoughts









Folks, I must admit, I don't really know a lot about soccer. From a technical standpoint, I'm quite clueless - can never figure out why sometimes there's a free kick and sometimes there's a corner kick. Who cares though, I don't think my soccer idiocy takes away from the exhilaration of watching it on TV. Or better yet, live.

Point being, I love watching the World Cup. It is just fantastic, especially when our team is actually putting on something of a show. The United States/Slovenia match today was quite fantastic (although I'm still seething over that bogus call that would have given us the game). The pagaentry of the whole thing is just something to behold, especially when you think of how the entire world is watching too. Great times.

Actually, I think my favourite moment of the whole ordeal occurs before the match even begins. That moment is when the teams are lined up, and they play the two national anthems. The look on the players' faces, well, I think it's quite a sight.

1 comment:

  1. The national anthems are my favorite part, too. Man, Italy's national anthem is pretty sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete