22 November 2010

The News

Folks, in honor of my very favourite local news anchor, Don Shelby, who signed off tonight after 32 years as anchor at WCCO TV here in Minnepolis.



People may know my penchant for loyalty, and I'm happy to say that in my entire life, I think I've watched a non-WCCO newscast less than five times. Why is that? Well, first off, it's important to be loyal. And second, I liked Don Shelby. Don was loyal, he was a good newsman, and he dressed snappily. Plus, he's a Twins fan. What's not to like?

It's important to recognize that in the minutia of life, in the mundane things you experience day after day, you end up taking some things for granted. You don't think about the little things, even those impersonal things, that make life intensely personal, and intensely valuable.

So, in that vein, and in the spirit of recognizing someone who's done a lot for our community, thanks Don. For you, I'd put a gopher in my pants any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment