01 November 2011

Leaving the Nest

Folks, I am on a journey - a new journey. Having shed law school, having shed the bar exam, I am ready to attack the world. To do that, I need two things.

First, I need a job. I can confidently say I now have one of those - yes. (As a sidenote, the title "attorney at law" does have a nice ring to it.)

Second, I need a place to live that doesn't involve my parents' (plural) basements. Not that I am unappreciative of the past three years' rent free living - I am. All things considered (minus the cats), it's been a remarkably undramatic three years, and I am very thankful for everything I was given. But at 25 years old, it is time to spread my wings and fly. And if that involves learning how to bake chicken, I will learn. Frankly, I better learn, because man cannot live by ham sandwiches and nutella alone.

Anyways, I'm happy to say that of TODAY, I am officially renting an apartment. Starting TOMORROW, I will domicile there. And it will be good. Of course, I realized today that I lack many of the basic things that separate humans from animals - basic hygiene products, toilet paper, etc. But I can get these things - I will. It may be a small space, but by tomorrow, it will have a bed, couch, internet, and a coffeemaker - all the necessities of life.

So, everyone come on over!

No comments:

Post a Comment