19 April 2012

The Never Listened To Project - Day 1

Hello internet,

I am embarking on a bold quest - a journey into the unknown. And no, I am not going to the northern Twin Cities suburbs. I am aiming to listen to all of the heretofore unlistened to music in my iTunes library. I was astonished to discovery the other day that my iTunes contains nearly 10 days worth of unlistened to material!

I'm trying to listen to at least one or two albums from the "unlistened" list per day, and I thought it would be fun if I documented what I listen to. So, to kick things off, here are some of a few nuggets from the past few days.

- Aretha Franklin, Greatest Hits
- John Mellencamp, Greatest Hits ("Hurts So Good" - excellent song)
- Keane, Under the Iron Sea
- Daft Punk, Homework
- Luther College Jazz Orchestra, 2006 Spring Concert (I forgot I had a solo on "Wyrgly," it actually is pretty good)
- Robert Johnson, Genius of the Blues
- Tallis Scholars, Lamenta (lamentations composed by Thomas Tallis and other medieval composers)
- Don Ellis, Live in India
- John Mayer, Room for Squares

Stay tuned for more sonic adventures - it could get explicit. I know there are a few Disney soundtracks hiding in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment