17 May 2011

Harmon Killebrew




It's a very sad day here in Minnesota, especially for us Twins fans. Harmon Killebrew passed away this morning from esophageal cancer.

I never had the privilege to see Mr. Killebrew play, but I heard stories from my parents about home runs at the Old Met. I saw him out and about the Metrodome and Target Field, always with a smile on his face, always looking happy to be there. He was a classy man who treated everyone with respect, a person who was humble, yet took pride in his accomplishments. No wonder Minnesotans love him.

The Twins haven't been very good this year, but I hope tonight, they can win a game for Harmon. I think that's the best way to honour a man who has meant so much to the players, the team as a whole, and the state.

RIP Mr. Killebrew - we'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment