22 July 2009

Abbey Road

The Rubicon, we know, was a very insignificant stream to look at; its significance lay entirely in certain invisible conditions.

George Eliot


Me, myself, and I undertook a condensed Beatles tour tonight. Check it.


The zebra crossing.


Abbey Road Studios.


Yes.


Me crossing the Rubicon. Many thanks to a Portuguese woman for graciously taking this photo. If only she could have added hair and fixed my pullover so it doesn't look like I weigh 500 pounds.



For good measure, I thought I'd go to 3 Savile Row, where Apple Records used to be headquartered, and where the Beatles played their last public concert. On the roof.

I suppose it's not much to look at, and there were a ton of really lame tourists trying to pose in the middle of the street. And it is a quite busy street. You'd think the locals would get super pissed with all these assholes always trying to pause in the middle of the crosswalk for photos.

But nonetheless, I'm really glad I went. For someone my age, this may be as physically close as I can ever get to the Beatles. Plus, St. John's Wood is a very pleasant area of London, a lot greener than Mile End. Beatles and green trees, can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment