27 December 2009

Catharsis

You know, it's very rare that you realize you are experiencing the "last" of something. I suppose, you realize it's the last day of school, you realize it's the last band concert, you realize to a certain extent the end of certain things. But a simple end is not necessarily what I'm talking about. I'm talking about an End.

Point being, I went over to my grandmother's house tonight to shovel the driveway. My grandma passed away this summer, her house is being sold tomorrow. She lived in this house ever since about 1954, my dad and aunt grew up there, I grew up going there, it's been around the family for quite a while. Tonight, I shoveled the driveway, I walked into the backyard, took a look around, and left. I don't see any reason why I'll ever be back.

Like I said, an End. It was a rather surreal experience, to say the least. I don't know if it was necessarily sad or depressing, but it was surreal. So many things come rushing back, you don't really know what to think. All you can think, is that you're standing at an End, and there isn't much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment