14 December 2009

Final Thoughts

Well, I suppose 3/4 of finals are complete, in addition to a turned-in final paper. The only thing standing between myself and irresponsibility is corporations. It's a formidable obstacle, but I'm confident it can be overcome. There is a very real possibility of bloodshed though. Finals always tend to rekindle my secret desire to drop out of law school and start a folk band.

The thing about finals, the thing I didn't recall before yesterday, is the incredibly loneliness that they yield. For the past 24 hours, I probably estimate I've had approximately 5 minutes of actual face-to-face human contact. I suppose I'm also a victim of certain extenuating circumstances, but it's really hit me recently, how lonely all this studying gets. I actually think I had a dream last night with a talking copy of the model business corporation act. That is not a positive development. If I have a dream involving a talking book, I want it to be a fun one. Like the sushi book I saw at Barnes and Noble tonight that came with its own sushi rolling mat. Now that, my friends, would be a dream.

But since we're on the subject, I dare anyone to ask me anything about fiduciary duties. I will demolish it.

I really think half the battle of these exams are mental. Didn't Yogi Berra say something about that?; I think so. It's always better to walk into a test thinking that you're going to dominate it, rather than thinking you will be dominated. Pompous? Presumptuous? Of course. But that's part of what you sign up for when you go to law school.

In any event, it's time for these tests to be over. It's time to emerge from this hazy world of corporate opportunity, of the federal rules of evidence, of the first amendment. I'm even starting to get sick of my favorite term from international law - jus cogens. Mainly though, it's time to stop being in this solitary existence.

Well, in a little more than 36 hours, at least the exam part will be done. Cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment