25 January 2011

Prelude to a Basketball

Evening folks, welcome back. Or should I say, after a week spent in a small glass room editing arbitration memos, welcome myself back?



I'm going to a Timberwolves game tomorrow. One could rightfully ask, "why would any rational being go to a Timberwolves game?" I really have no good response, other than the fact my arbitration teammate has been pestering, and it costs but $5. The last Wolves game I went to, the highlight of the evening was the blooper reel. I'm going to be hopeful though. It's what President Obama would want me to do.

I think there are two reasons why I'm confident of a more than pleasant evening though.

First, I need to come direct from work, which means I have to wear a suit. Last time I wore a suit to a sporting event...



we won.

Second, I have excellent company. Excellent company makes even terrible NBA basketball tolerable, nay, palatable, nay, intriguing.

In any event, I am more than ready to howl at opposing players' free throws, watch the stripper/"Timberwolves Dance Team" halftime show, and otherwise pay far too much for beer in a venue with the word "Target" in it. It'll be like a nice little run through for April... minus the strippers. Maybe the howling too... but actually, howling seems like a brilliant idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment