03 April 2011

Hong Kong Dispatch

I'm here in Hong Kong, and life is good. It feels somewhat akin to New York or London - closer to those cities than to Beijing, at least when I was there. My only quibble thus far is the apparent local taste in super smooth bossa nova. I mean, I love the girl from ipanema too, but every time I walk into our hotel...

My teammate is off to fetch his wife at the airport, so I'm left to represent America/respect the moot at the moot alumni welcome reception. Tomorrow features an arbitration convention at a swanky downtown law firm, followed by the actual moot welcome thing at a swanky hotel in Kowloon. Tuesday, the mooting begins in earnest, where a world of hurt awaits four unsuspecting teams...

Internet is somewhat dodgy at our hotel and far overpriced, so this update is courtesy of a coffeehouse in central hk. So far, so good. This may or may not go on the "cities I could live in" list.

Okay, time to head out. Wish us luck!

Sent from my iPhone

Aaron Nyquist
Hamline University School of Law

No comments:

Post a Comment