19 August 2009

2L


Hello folks, sorry for the lack of content the past week or so. The last fleeting moments of summer consumed my spare time.

And just like that, the second year of law school has begun. Wednesday is a long day, actually my longest day, so it was only appropriate to start the year with a marathon. Evidence, two hours of Theories of Conflict, Constitutional Law II, and International Law. Fittingly, following my escapades abroad this summer, I had the distinct honor of being the first person called on in International Law. We are all now so much more informed on the principles of natural law. Great.

I actually don't have much of a problem with starting school again. I enjoy law school, and I'd have to say that my classes are quite interesting to me. Which is good, since I picked them all. So yes, good times will be had.



In other news, I am purchasing a new car. It is a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. The "TDI" means it has a clean diesel engine; apparently, it is the 2009 Green Car of the Year. I'm excited to pick it up tomorrow. It has a sunroof, manual transmission, and an iPod hookup, plus the little added benefit of somewhere around 40 mpg with lower emissions. When the heat shield of my Intrigue literally fell off in the middle of the street last spring, I used my reason to determine that maybe it was on its way out. It will be nice to (presumably) not have to worry about parts falling off my car for a few years. Oh yes, and best of all, it's a kind of blue.

Get it?

Jazz puns aside, a final good luck and bon voyage to one of my Luther friends from Notts, who is shipping out tomorrow to teach English/drama in Kuwait for two years!

1 comment:

  1. good luck and bon voyage to both Kevin AND Kate who are teaching abroad. Kate leaves today too.

    ReplyDelete