31 August 2009

Back

Hi folks, sorry for the blogging hiatus as of the past few weeks. I know I have a limited readership, so I can't say I was too sorry. For some reason or another, I have not been in the blogging mood lately. Plus, I've had to expend nearly all of my blogging creativity on the class "blog" for my Theories of Conflict course. If anyone wants to hear my opinions on the information age and how that relates to perspectivism, just let me know.

Life-wise, I've had a rather eventful 10 or so days. First off, my grandma passed away last weekend. But I'm not going to talk about that here.

Second off, as some may have noticed, I purchased a new car last week. It's a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, which basically means it is diesel. It is "blue graphite metallic" in hue. I must say, it is fantastic. Of course, all cars are essentially only modes of transportation, they provide a very utilitarian function. It's fair to say though, that this Jetta provides more significantly more utiles of enjoyment per utilitarian function than my Oldsmobile Intrigue. Bottom line, it's fun to drive, and I could probably spend days dicking around with the power seats and the satellite radio.

Although the car doesn't produce the "smug" that a Toyota Prius would, it certainly produces some sort of pretentious emissions, thanks to the insane gas mileage. I need to get some sort of eco-friendly sticker to put in the window, so I can draw attention to that, and thus boost my middle class, urban, white person street-cred. A sticker of a smiling Earth giving a terrorist fist jab to Barack Obama would do.

Third off, along with a few friends, I put down a deposit for a season ticket plan at Target Field for next season. I think my enthusiasm for this should be made quite clear by this photo...



Yes folks, that is real grass. I know this is shocking to any baseball fan born in Minnesota in the last 28 years or so, but it's not plastic.

Before anyone gets too excited and starts soliciting me for tickets, be mindful that we're only purchasing a 20 game plan. And although first row seats behind home plate or club level seats would be nice, ours will be in the baseline wings of the upper deck. However, if all goes according to plan, we should have a fantastic view of the Minneapolis skyline...



That's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment