22 September 2009

Mad Man

You know, I typically pride myself on my ability to keep my life fairly balanced between school and everything else. In an ideal world, my homework/miscellaneous tasks are completed by around 6:30, leaving the rest of the evening for leisure or other activities. Unlike some of my friends who are currently in medical school, very rarely do I have to spend my entire day studying.

However, all good things must, at some point, come to an end.

This law review business, it's busting my ass right now. And it wouldn't be nearly as stressful if I hadn't realized the other day that 4 articles on my chosen topic have just been published in recent editions of various law reviews. But I guess, a relatively stress-free research project just wouldn't do. In a way, I think I might actually be glad that I have to completely retool my arguments. It prevents me from reciting the same ho-hum shit that, well, four other people have recited.

Granted, I now have to work much harder at trying to make something seemingly ridiculous make sense, but whatever. Life is fraught with small challenges. One thing I've learned is that a task that appears insurmountable at first, is usually doable once you get going.

Anyways, enough bitching about how busy I am. I clearly can't be too busy, since I'm writing this, and I think I'll watch an episode of "Mad Men" to celebrate a fully productive day.

BTW, this "Mad Men" show is fantastic. If you've never seen it and you're in the mood for some great period drama, I can't recommend it enough. You'll never have a stronger urge to put on a suit and drink a single malt.

No comments:

Post a Comment