15 October 2009

Thursday Night

People ask me just what the hell I do on Thursday night. Now, I don't do what's on the video, because these people are crazy awesome. But I try.



What I really like about this video, is that it isn't scripted. Sure, you can find some crazy pre-planned swing dance videos out there, but I don't really get into that so much. Jazz is an improvisational music, I think lindy should be an improvisational dance. So, when two people go and do something organic like this, it just freaks me right out.

Another thing I like about this is that they don't waste time trying to do anything crazyass. Undoubtedly, it's pretty cool when you can do flips and stuff, but in reality, I think it's only really cool when it can be perfectly integrated. Most of the time, that's not the case (except in planned dances - see above paragraph).

No comments:

Post a Comment