19 October 2009

Weekend

Fall break is over. Back to reality. Back to 50 page assignments on the law of the sea.

Fantastic.

To say that I had a tumultuous fall break would be an understatement, I think. Seldom have I felt such soaring highs juxtaposed with such plummeting lows. It wasn't the best of feelings, and I definitely am still suffering from a few nights of less than perfect sleep. But, what can you do. Not much, especially with this situation, and that is the unfortunate part. All that can be done is to adequately express how one is feeling, in the hope that it serves some sort of purpose. At the very least, I'm glad to have that upcoming opportunity. Oddly enough, even in light of the 99% chance of an ending that will be supremely dissatisfying to me, I'm kind of thankful to be able to unburden all these feelings. It's no fun to go through life sterilized of emotion, of detachment with others. Even if it's fruitless, I think it's important to tell people what you think. And that will be ironically satisfying.

In good news, my sole class for tomorrow has been canceled. Saved by the threat of H1N1, I suppose. Hopefully I can catch up on some sleep, and knock out a good chunk of this law review article. I need to come up with an initial draft in a week, and with my weekend excursion coming up, that needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I guess I have to go hear a band concert, and have Mexican food. Beer me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment