03 January 2010

2010... the Future

2010 seems like such a futuristic number to me. I mean, 2000 was futuristic too, but 2010 has that hard "twenty" sound in there, combined with the hard "ten." And I suppose that conjures up to me images of flying cars, talking robots, coffee in pill form, etc. Basically everything I saw in the Jetsons.

I don't really know if I have any New Year's resolutions this year. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had any real resolutions. Maybe I think of them, but in reality, they are non-existent. That's not really a big deal for me though. Resolutions always seems so prosaic.

Reflecting on 2009; I'd have to say it was a very good year. A lot of things stick out, but I would say the best parts revolved around new and existing relationships. I don't feel a need to go in depth, but as complicated as they can be, it's good to have friends. Also, it's good to be in London for a month.

Folks always say that the best wish for the new year is for it to better than the last. I'd be okay with that. I guess that if I had one thing to keep in mind, it would be to keep evolving as a person. Professionally, I hope this gig with the U.S. Attorney works out well and gives me that practical experience I desperately need. Academically, I hope I can keep doing what I've been doing at school, without losing my brain. Personally, I hope I can find myself in some sort of an adult relationship. I realize that's not something you just "wish" for, but it's time for risk-taking. For all parties, I would think; there's not much to lose, and a lot to potentially gain. But anyways, yes, there are some pseudo-resolutions for the year. Oh yeah, and that I'll go to the gym, just because everyone adds that in.

So yes, 2010. 2010 is the Future. I don't know when the coffee in pill form is arriving, but frankly, I hope it holds off for a while. I'd much rather drink coffee out of a mug than take a pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment